1. What type of illnesses do you treat?
Basic sick visits, including, but not limited to, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, acne, sinusitis, nausea/vomiting, flu, diarrhea, cough, constipation, cellulitis, back pain, neck pain, muscle strain, otitis media, knee pain, POTS, gout, GERD, gastritis, fibromyalgia, vertigo, conjunctivitis, bronchitis, BPH (enlarged prostate), and referrals to specialists when needed.
2. How long have you been in practice?
I began my career as an NP in 2006. I have worked in Internal Medicine as well as Neurosurgery since that time. My main focus is hospital medicine but I have years of clinical medicine in basic internal medicine as well.
3. How long are your appointments scheduled for?
4. Can you send in my prescription electronically or by phone?
5. Do you write prescriptions for chronic pain meds?
6. Do you provide group appointments?
I would rather see patients individually and will decide on a case by case basis.
Understand that the fee of $55 will be charged PER PATIENT if I agree to a group visit (i.e.: husband and wife).
7. Do you treat Women's Health problems?
We treat basic yeast infections, UTIs, etc.
8. What if I need a follow up appointment?
Depending on the illness, I may have you follow up with me but most likely I would refer you to your local primary care provider for follow up.
9. How do I schedule an appointment with you?
There is a “Book Now” button on the website under “Contact Us” and that will take you to a screen that will allow you to make an appointment. Or, I can send you an email with a QR code that you can scan on your phone that will take you to the website.
10. What should I do if I need to be seen in person?
Go to a local clinic in your area or urgent care center or ER.
11. What are your views towards adding conservative medical care?
I am a strong proponent of incorporating conservative care treatment methods along with a prescription if I deem it necessary. There are many illnesses that can be managed WITHOUT a prescription, but if one is needed, I don’t have an issue with writing it if it’s within my scope of practice.
12. Can I use my phone or do I need a computer?
Either is fine.
13. Do you see patients who are involved in auto accidents or worker's compensation?
14. What browser do I need?
Chrome and Firefox work best.
15. Can you do referrals?
Still working out how to do that long distance.
16. Can you recommend a local provider and/or specialist?
Unless it’s in my home state, probably not. I will, however, direct you with a plan of care with the type of specialist you need to see for your particular problem.
17. I didn't get the appointment link in my email. What do I do now?
Email me or call me and let me know and I’ll send it again. Also, check your spam email folder.
18. What do I do if I need to reschedule my appointment? How much notice do I need to give to reschedule my appointment?
If you need to reschedule an appointment, just cancel your current appointment and make a new one when you are ready. I would prefer as much advanced notice as possible.
19. Do you charge my credit card before or after the appointment? How do I pay you?
I take all major credit cards, Venmo, PayPal and I will run your credit card after the appointment is complete. If the credit card is declined, I will hold any prescriptions until the card goes through.
20. What forms do I need to fill out before my appointment?
I will send you several forms via email for you to electronically sign regarding consents, policies and procedures and credit card authorization.
21. Can my friend/spouse/parent/child be present for my appointment?
I’m fine with it as long as the patient requests it and approves it. I prefer to see patients individually but I do understand that it helps to have another set of ears to hear everything we discuss in case you have questions later.
22. Can you do a school physical?
No. I really need to see a patient in person in order to accurately fill out the form needed. I also don’t see patients younger than 18 years old.
23. Can I get my prescriptions shipped to my house?
Depends on if the pharmacy is listed in the computer. We can try but I can’t guarantee it at this time.
24. Do you order CT's or MRI's to figure out the cause of my back or neck pain?
No, if conservative care management doesn’t help, I will direct you with a plan of care including what type of physician you need to see and what type of films you need to have ordered.